The Ultimate Chinese Input Programme !
Welcome to my website. Do feel free to visit all the links!
Especially the 8 Step Unihan ( 8suh.com), the ultimate Chinese input software!
It consists of :
1 A set of modified and updated Chinese Song Fonts from Window 10 (8STEPA). Included in it are all the Chinese characters in Unihan with Extension E and Extension F which contain the Chinese characters with variant forms and the rare and seldom used Chinese characters.
2 A free user manual about the rules and mnemonics for the 8 Step Unihan input method
3. The 8 Step Unihan programme itself.
That is all !
WHY 8 Steps Unihan ?
As you all know, there are quite a few Chinese input methods software that come together with Google, Windows and other operating systems .Not the least among them is the Pinyin. But Pinyin has its disadvantages:
At least half of the total number of Chinese characters in Unicode are without pronunciation. Meaning Pinyin cannot display these characters. On top of this, so many characters share the same pronunciation that oftentimes simply picking out your target becomes quite a chore!
My 8 Steps Unihan has the following advantages :
- Almost 95% of the characters can be displayed with one unique keycode.
- 100% of the characters in Unihan can be displayed by Eight Step Unihan input method
- Only 5% of the characters in Unihan have shared keycodes in 8 Steps Unihan. Mostly you just need to select your target from 2 to 20 characters at the most, all contained in a single page.
- A keycode in 8 Steps Unihan will not only give you a Chinese character , it will also gives you many useful relevant referencing sources about its pronunciation, its meaning, its origin and its variant forms if they exist.
- Each keycode is made up of numerals ( 0 to 9) and/or alphabets ( a to z ). Simple ?
- You can now access all the Chinese characters in Unihan version 11!
8 Steps Unihan definitely is the choice for all librarians , archeologists , writers and lexicographers and, not the least of all, common users like you and me!
please visit WordPress privacy statement